Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Doctor in Kennesaw, GA
Throughout your life, you may experience various irregularities with your menstrual cycle but sometimes the changes in your bleeding may be a sign that something more is going on. Angel Paas, MD, at Kennesaw Gynecology in Kennesaw, Georgia, is a women's health expert who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding. If you have concerns about your menstrual cycle or changes in bleeding, call the office today at (470) 308-3365 or book an appointment online.
Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
What is Heavy Menstrual Bleeding?
1 in 5 women suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding. Many women begin to experience heavy and/or irregular bleeding in their 30s and 40s, as they begin to get closer to menopause. Heavy periods are more than just a hassle - they take a physical, social, and emotional toll as well.
Studies show heavy menstrual bleeding can affect women in a number of ways:
- Many feel tired and nauseated
- Many experience bad cramps
- Many have headaches
- More than 60% have had to miss social or athletic events1
- About 80% report avoiding sex1
- 33% have been forced to miss work2
- 77% have depression or moodiness1
- 75% feel anxious2
- 57% report a lack of confidence during their period1
Heavy periods are not something with which you have to live. Today, there are a number of effective treatment options available.
- National Women’s Health Resource Center. Survey of women who experience heavy menstrual bleeding. Data on file; 2005.
- Cooper J, et al. A randomized, multicenter trial of safety and efficacy of the NovaSure system in the treatment of menorrhagia. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2002; 9:418-428.